Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Fabric!

I bought the fabric for my Pendrell Blouse yesterday!

I almost went with black, as I thought that might be the most forgiving colour if I make any mistakes, and the most understated if I end up feeling that the blouse screams omgRUFFLES!!!. However, in the end I decided that it wouldn't be very smart, as I'll probably end up wanting to pair it with a black skirt or pants (can you see my sewing plans developing here?). So I went with some silk charmeuse in the most beautiful, rich shade of burgundy.

_MG_0350


I also bought some simple broadcloth for muslin, which the owner knocked down to $2/meter. Nice! But, inexpensive as that was, I'm starting to wonder if it wouldn't be cheaper just to buy some old flat sheets from the local Salvation Army instead? (As a bonus: they'd probably have better drape!) I'll have to do some research, as our Salvation Army is usually ridiculously pricey and it may actually be more expensive to go that route.

All this fabric shopping has gotten me thinking about my philosophies on buying and stashing. I'm going to take some time to gather my thoughts on the matter - more on that in the next day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment