Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Crescent Skirt Fabric

Just thought I'd share a sneak-peak at the fabric I'm going to be using for my Crescent skirt! I bought this fabric years ago and I still think it's so pretty.

_MG_0933


Totally my kind of floral. It was part of some vintage-inspired line of fabric on sale at Fabricland at the time, and I remember having a very hard time choosing between all the pretty prints. I'm 99.9% sure it's quilting cotton, although there's nothing printed on the selvage to identify it. I also bought some plain white voile to serve as a lining. (I had been planning on making a dress, before I knew about the "omg quilting cotton!" issue.) I was even motivated enough to pre-wash everything at the time, so I'm all ready to go! Can't wait for the sew-along to get started.

2 comments:

  1. This fabric is just beautiful. I think it will work perfectly with the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this print. Quilting cotton or not, it's beautifully balanced and delicate. Swoon.

    ReplyDelete